We are looking for a skilled Tile Layer to join our team. As a Tile Layer, you will meet with clients to discuss their tiling needs, order stock supplies, cut tiles to size, and install tiles fittings to specification. You may also be required to prepare quotes and complete job reports.
To ensure success as a Tile Layer, you should have extensive knowledge of tiling techniques, a good eye for detail, and excellent communication skills.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their tiling needs.
- Measuring the area that must be tiled to determine stock requirements.
- Providing clients with accurate quotes for the intended job.
- Ordering stock supplies and gathering tiling equipment.
- Cutting and shaping tiles to size.
- Cleaning and leveling the surface area.
- Applying tiling cement and arranging tiles according to design plans.
- Applying tiling grout.
- Cleaning off excess grout and conducting post-installation inspections.
- Processing work invoices.
- High school diploma.
- Previous experience as a Tile Layer.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate hand and machine cutting tools.
- Knowledge of tiling designs and installation techniques.
- Ability to work crouching or kneeling for long periods.
- Good problem-solving skills.