Contract Length: 2 years definite and can then be renewed.
Salary Range: depends on experience and qualifications, however between €22,000 and €25,000
Description and Requirements
This post is full time and the applicant must be in possession of a Maltese nursing registration from
the Council of Nursing and Midwifery. Fluency in the English language is a must.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate and evidence the following:
- Be an excellent team player; possess leadership skills; be capable of supporting and guiding
- Good time management; Organisational and planning abilities;
- Be capable of making evidence-based clinical decisions;
- Be able to work on own initiative especially when under pressure.
Key roles and responsibilities that the chosen candidate will be expected to perform are the
- Meet the laid down standards of professional practice;
- Perform the primary function of a registered general nurse in assessing, planning,
implementing and evaluating the care of patients;
- Ensure accurate completion of all nursing documentation, including charge forms and other
- Comply with the Hospital’s policies and procedures and be involved in their review;
- Assist in the training of interns that the Company may have from time to time;
- To maintain a high standard of nursing care;
- To assess patients’ health and wellbeing across a complex and changing caseload;
- To carry out nursing procedures in a professional manner and in accordance with Saint
James Hospital protocols and consultants’ guidance;
- To be courteous and professional at all times with both clients and staff;
- To ensure medical staff orders are correctly interpreted and carried out;
- To abide by Company policies and protocols;
- To ensure a safe hygienic environment is maintained for the benefit of patients/clients, staff
- To take control of an emergency situation until senior support staff arrives.
- To remain flexible at all times with regards to shift rotation.