- Distinguish and harvest all fruits according to size, shape, and color
- Pick each fruit in a careful manner
- Isolate fruits that are damaged
- Ensure that unripe fruits are not picked
- Clean or wash fruit in accordance with specified standards
- Use hand tools, ladders, and other equipment and complete assigned tasks efficiently
- Snip stems and separate unwanted substances from fruits
- Weigh, place, and arrange fruits into containers, carefully and properly
- Pack and load filled fruit-containers onto trucks for transportation
- Remove damaged and defective fruits and clean work site, as required
- Provide feedback to farm managers regarding problems such as infestations
Physical dexterity is a given in this work. As a fruit picker, you will be bending and stooping a lot.
Moreover, working as a fruit picker means that you must have an eye for good fruit so that you can pick it out from bad produce.